Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). SARS-CoV-2 virus proteins include structural proteins, non-structural proteins and accessory factors. The structure of SARS-CoV-2 consists of the following: a spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. SARS-CoV-2 non-structural protein is ORF1ab that consists of 16 proteins (nsp1-nsp16), while accessory factors include ORF3a, ORF3b, ORF6, ORF7a, ORF7b, ORF8, ORF9b, ORF9c and ORF10. ORF8 may play a role in modulating host immune response (Probable). May play a role in blocking host IL17 cytokine by its interaction with host IL17RA (3).
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- Research area: Infectious Disease, COVID-19
- Host species: Rabbit
- Species reactivity: Virus
- Homology: N/A
- Immunogen: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF8 antibody (9287) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near carboxyl terminus of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF8 protein.
- The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF8 protein.
- Tested Applications: E, WB, IHC
- Applications: WB: 1 μ
- IHC: 0.1 μ
- Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples. SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF8 antibody can detect 2 ng of free peptide at 1 μ
- g/mL in ELISA. It can detect SARS-CoV-2 ORF8 recombinant protein by ELISA and WB. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- Specificity: ORF8 Antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other coronavirus family members.
- Positive control 1: N/A
- Positive control 2: N/A
- Positive control 3: N/A
- Positive control 4: N/A
- Positive control 5: N/A
- Positive control 6: N/A
- Predicted molecular weight: 14kD
- MW explanation: N/A
- Validation: N/A
- Isoforms: N/A
- Purification: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF8 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Clone: N/A
- Isotype: IgG
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Physical state: Liquid
- Buffer: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF8 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- Concentration: 1 mg/mL
- NCBI official symbol: ORF8
- Accession #: P0DTC8
- Protein GI #: 1835921949
- NCBI gene ID#: 43740577
- NCBI official full name: ORF8 protein
- NCBI organism: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
- SWISSPROT #: P0DTC8
Wysyłka i przechowywanie:
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF8 antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.