Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). SARS-CoV-2 virus proteins include structural proteins, non-structural proteins and accessory factors. The structure of SARS-CoV-2 consists of the following: a spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. SARS-CoV-2 non-structural protein is ORF1ab that consists of 16 proteins (nsp1-nsp16), while accessory factors include ORF3a, ORF3b, ORF6, ORF7a, ORF7b, ORF8, ORF9b, ORF7a and ORF7a. ORF7a plays a role as antagonist of host tetherin (BST2), disrupting its antiviral effect. It acts by binding to BST2 thereby interfering with its glycosylation. It may suppress small interfering RNA (siRNA) and may bind to host ITGAL, thereby playing a role in attachment or modulation of leukocytes (3).
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- Research area: Infectious Disease, COVID-19
- Host species: Rabbit
- Species reactivity: Virus
- Homology: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV ORF7a: (90%)
- Bat coronavirus ns7a: (100%).
- Immunogen: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a antibody (9283) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 9 amino acids near the carboxyl terminus of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a protein.
- The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a protein.
- Tested Applications: E
- Applications: Antibody validated: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a antibody can detect 2 ng of free peptide at 1 μ
- g/mL in ELISA. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- Specificity: N/A
- Positive control 1: N/A
- Positive control 2: N/A
- Positive control 3: N/A
- Positive control 4: N/A
- Positive control 5: N/A
- Positive control 6: N/A
- Predicted molecular weight: 14kD
- MW explanation: N/A
- Validation: N/A
- Isoforms: N/A
- Purification: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Clone: N/A
- Isotype: IgG
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Physical state: Liquid
- Buffer: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- Concentration: 1 mg/mL
- NCBI official symbol: ORF7a
- Accession #: P0DTC7.1
- Protein GI #: 1835921947
- NCBI gene ID#: 43740573
- NCBI official full name: ORF7a protein
- NCBI organism: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
- SWISSPROT #: P0DTC7.1
Wysyłka i przechowywanie:
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF7a antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.