Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). The structure of 2019-nCoV consists of the following: a spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. Methyltransferase mediates mRNA cap 2'-O-ribose methylation to the 5'-cap structure of viral mRNAs. N7-methyl guanosine cap is a prerequisite for binding of nsp16. Therefore plays an essential role in viral mRNAs cap methylation which is essential to evade immune system.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- Research area: Infectious Disease, COVID-19
- Host species: Rabbit
- Species reactivity: Virus
- Homology: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV NSP16 protein: (88%).
- Immunogen: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) NSP16 antibody (9271) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the central domain of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) NSP16 protein.
- The immunogen is located within 120-170 amino acids of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) NSP16 protein.
- Tested Applications: E, WB, IHC
- Applications: IHC: 0.5 μ
- WB: 0.5 μ
- Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples. SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) NSP16 antibody can detect 2 ng of free peptide at 1 μ
- g/mL in ELISA. It can detect SARS-CoV-2 NSP16 recombinant protein by ELISA and WB. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- Specificity: N/A
- Positive control 1: N/A
- Positive control 2: N/A
- Positive control 3: N/A
- Positive control 4: N/A
- Positive control 5: N/A
- Positive control 6: N/A
- Predicted molecular weight: N/A
- MW explanation: N/A
- Validation: N/A
- Isoforms: N/A
- Purification: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) NSP16 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Clone: N/A
- Isotype: IgG
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Physical state: Liquid
- Buffer: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) NSP16 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- Concentration: 1 mg/mL
- NCBI official symbol: NSP16
- Accession #: YP_009725311
- Protein GI #: 1819735431
- NCBI gene ID#: 43740578
- NCBI official full name: ORF1a polyprotein
- ORF1ab polyprotein
- NCBI organism: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
- SWISSPROT #: P0DTC1
Wysyłka i przechowywanie:
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) NSP16 antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.