Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). The structure of 2019-nCoV consists of the following: a spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. ORF6 disrupts cell nuclear import complex formation by tethering karyopherin alpha 2 and karyopherin beta 1 to the membrane. Retention of import factors at the ER/Golgi membrane leads to a loss of transport into the nucleus. Thereby it prevents STAT1 nuclear translocation in response to interferon signaling, thus blocking the expression of interferon stimulated genes (ISGs) that display multiple antiviral activities(3).
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- Research area: Infectious Disease, COVID-19
- Host species: Rabbit
- Species reactivity: Virus
- Homology: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV ORF6 protein: (53%)
- Immunogen: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF6 antibody (9189) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the Carboxyl terminus of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF6 protein.
- The immunogen is located in the last 50 amino acids of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF6.
- Tested Applications: E
- Applications: Antibody validated: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF6 antibody can detect 2 ng of free peptide at 1 μ
- g/mL in ELISA.
- Specificity: N/A
- Positive control 1: N/A
- Positive control 2: N/A
- Positive control 3: N/A
- Positive control 4: N/A
- Positive control 5: N/A
- Positive control 6: N/A
- Predicted molecular weight: N/A
- MW explanation: N/A
- Validation: N/A
- Isoforms: N/A
- Purification: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF6 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Clone: N/A
- Isotype: IgG
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Physical state: Liquid
- Buffer: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF6 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- Concentration: 1 mg/mL
- NCBI official symbol: ORF6
- Accession #: QKU37157.1
- Protein GI #: 1858802908
- NCBI gene ID#: 43740572
- NCBI official full name: ORF6 protein
- NCBI organism: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
- SWISSPROT #: P0DTC6
Wysyłka i przechowywanie:
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF6 antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.