Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). The structure of 2019-nCoV consists of the following: a spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. The membrane (M) protein or matrix protein is the most abundant structural protein and defines the shape of the viral envelope (3). It is an integral membrane protein involved in the budding of the viral particles and interacts with S (Spike) protein. It involves in organization of the nucleoprotein inside, which includes many copies of the N (nucleocapsid) protein bound to the genomic RNA. The M protein holds dominant cellular immunogenicity and has been determined as a protective antigen in humoral responses, which suggests it would serve as a potential target in vaccine design (4).
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- Research area: Infectious Disease, COVID-19
- Host species: Rabbit
- Species reactivity: Virus
- Homology: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV-2 Matrix protein: (identity 77%, homology 93%)
- Immunogen: Anti-SARS-CoV Matrix antibody (3527) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 13 amino acids near the amino-terminus of SARS-CoV Matrix protein.
- The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of SARS-CoV Matrix.
- Tested Applications: E
- Applications: SARS-CoV Matrix antibody can be used for the detection of SARS-CoV Matrix protein in ELISA. It will detect 5 ng of free peptide at 1 μ
- Specificity: N/A
- Positive control 1: N/A
- Positive control 2: N/A
- Positive control 3: N/A
- Positive control 4: N/A
- Positive control 5: N/A
- Positive control 6: N/A
- Predicted molecular weight: N/A
- MW explanation: N/A
- Validation: N/A
- Isoforms: SARS-CoV Matrix has one isoform (222aa).
- Purification: SARS-CoV Matrix Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Clone: N/A
- Isotype: IgG
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Physical state: Liquid
- Buffer: SARS-CoV Matrix Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- Concentration: 1 mg/mL
- NCBI official symbol: M
- Accession #: P59596
- Protein GI #: 30173398
- NCBI gene ID#: 1489672
- NCBI official full name: Membrane protein
- NCBI organism: SARS coronavirus
- SWISSPROT #: P59596
Wysyłka i przechowywanie:
- SARS-CoV Matrix antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.