SARS-CoV Spike Antibody: A novel coronavirus has recently been identified as the causative agent of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). Coronaviruses are a major cause of upper respiratory diseases in humans. The genomes of these viruses are positive-stranded RNA approximately 27-31kb in length. SARS infection can be mediated by the binding of the viral spike protein, a glycosylated 139 kDa protein and the major surface antigen of the virus, to the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) on target cells. This binding can be blocked by a soluble form of ACE2.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- Research area: Infectious Disease, COVID-19
- Host species: Rabbit
- Species reactivity: Virus
- Homology: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV2 Spike protein: (identity 56%, homology 69%)
- Immunogen: Anti-SARS-CoV Spike antibody (3221) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the center of SARS-CoV Spike glycoprotein.
- The immunogen is located within amino acids 410-460 of SARS-CoV Spike.
- Tested Applications: E
- Applications: SARS-CoV Spike antibody can be used for the detection of SARS-CoV Spike protein in ELISA. It will detect 2 ng of free peptide at 1 μ
- Specificity: N/A
- Positive control 1: N/A
- Positive control 2: N/A
- Positive control 3: N/A
- Positive control 4: N/A
- Positive control 5: N/A
- Positive control 6: N/A
- Predicted molecular weight: N/A
- MW explanation: N/A
- Validation: N/A
- Isoforms: SARS-CoV Spike has one isoform (1255aa).
- Purification: SARS-CoV Spike Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Clone: N/A
- Isotype: IgG
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Physical state: Liquid
- Buffer: SARS-CoV Spike Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- Concentration: 1 mg/mL
- NCBI official symbol: S
- Accession #: P59594
- Protein GI #: 30173397
- NCBI gene ID#: 1489668
- NCBI official full name: Spike glycoprotein
- NCBI organism: SARS coronavirus
- SWISSPROT #: P59594
Wysyłka i przechowywanie:
- SARS-CoV Spike antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.