Flagellin is the subunit protein which polymerizes to form the filaments of bacterial flagella. It activates the innate immune system through the receptor Toll-like Receptor 5 (TLR5) and the intracellular protein NLRC4 (NLR family CARD domain-containing protein 4).
- Tested Applications: N/A
- Applications: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- Predicted Molecular Weight: N/A
- Physical state: Lyophilized
- Buffer: Contains PBS. Reconstitute with 100 µl sterile water.
- Concentration: 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- NCBI official symbol: fliC
- Accession #: P06179
- Protein GI: 20141325
- NCBI gene ID#: 1253480
- NCBI official full name: flagellin
- NCBI organism: Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhimurium str. LT2
- Peptide sequence: N/A
- SWISSPROT #: Q15848
- Background Reference 1: N/A
- Background Reference 2: N/A
- Background Reference 3: N/A
- Background Reference 4: N/A
- Background Reference 5: N/A
- Source: Salmonella typhimurium strain 14028
- Species: Human, Mouse
- By Source: Other
- By Species: Human, Mouse
- Fusion tag: N/A
- Sequence: N/A
- Biology activity: Activation of TLR5 in human epithelial cell assays based on NF-kappaB luciferase fusions, on expression of IL-8 (CXCL8), CCL20, inducible nitric oxide synthase, beta-defensin 2 and matrilysin (MMP-7). Maturation of dendritic cells in in vitro and in vivo assays. Adjuvant activity on foreign antigens delivered by subcutaneous and intranasal routes in mice. TLR5 can be stimulated in vitro by Flagellin (high Purity) at a concentration of 5-50ng /ml and in vivo at a starting concentration of 0.1-1ug /mouse.
- Purity: >95% (SDS-PAGE).
- Endotoxin level is less than 0.01EU/ µg purified protein (LAL test
Wysyłka i przechowywanie:
Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C.
Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.