Quantitative sandwich ELISA for measuring Sheep Antibody against Foot and Mouth Disease IgM (FMDV-IgM) in samples from cell culture supernatants, serum, whole blood, plasma and other biological fluids.
- Foot-and-mouth disease or hoof-and-mouth disease (Aphthae epizooticae) is an infectious and sometimes fatal viral disease that affects cloven-hoofed animals, including domestic and wild bovids. The virus causes a high fever for approximately two to six days, followed by blisters inside the mouth and on the feet that may rupture and cause lameness. Foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) has very severe implications for animal farming, since it is highly infectious and can be spread by infected animals comparatively easily through contact with contaminated farming equipment, vehicles, clothing, feed and by domestic and wild predators.Its containment demands considerable efforts in vaccination, strict monitoring, trade restrictions, quarantines and occasionally the culling of animals. Susceptible animals include cattle, water buffalo, sheep, goats, pigs, antelope, deer, and bison. It has also been known to infect hedgehogs and elephants
- llamas and alpacas may develop mild symptoms, but are resistant to the disease and do not pass it on to others of the same species.In laboratory experiments, mice, rats, and chickens have been successfully infected by artificial means, but they are not believed to contract the disease under natural conditions.Humans are very rarely infected. The virus responsible for the disease is a picornavirus, the prototypic member of the genus Aphthovirus. Infection occurs when the virus particle is taken into a cell of the host. The cell is then forced to manufacture thousands of copies of the virus, and eventually bursts, releasing the new particles in the blood. The virus is genetically highly variable, which limits the effectiveness of vaccination.
- Reactivity: Sheep
- Sample types: serum, whole blood, plasma and other biological fluids
- Detection range: Please inquire
- Sensitivity: Please inquire Quantitative Sandwich ELISA
- Method of detection: Colorimetric
Wysyłka i przechowywanie:
All of the components are shipped on ice packs/blue ice. Upon receiving the kit keep it at +4 degrees Celsius for up to 1 year (refer to the label on the box for the exact expiration date).
This kit is intended for research use only. It should not be used for human or animal clinical diagnostics or treatment.